.

A Woman on the Go: Jackie O Style

>> Monday, February 20, 2012

Photobucket

This just in: Presidents wear incredibly boring outfits! In fact, the presidential sartorial scale seems to range from Eww -> Bland. Because of this, I hereby see Presidents Day as a suitable time to "ooh" and "ahh" over some good ol' Jackie O shots. Personally, I prefer the former First Lady's post-White House style. It's not that the Chanel suits and pillbox hats don't make me smile. It's just that after her time as a First Lady, she seemed to let loose a little bit. The longer haired Jackie with the effortless trench coats, turtleneck tops, huge sunglasses, and kooky headscarves has always been a style icon of mine. The grace and elegance of her White House years are still there, but she seems a little more relaxed and fun. The fact that she's whizzing by the camera in about 90% of the shots you'll find from this time period makes her seem less like a paper doll and more like a real woman with things to do and places to be which is always a plus in my book.

Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Masha February 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

Kara! That's so funny you say that as I posted one of her looks to my fbook wall today. Fab forever! Great post :D

Kailey February 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

Eee what a wonderful post - I love that you focused on Jackie O rather then Jackie Kennedy! Also, whilst reading this post I had a "d'oh" moment - suddenly I realized why there was no mail for me today (it being President's Day) ;3

Matt February 21, 2012 at 5:21 AM  

"The fact that she's whizzing by the camera in about 90% of the shots you'll find from this time period makes her seem less like a paper doll and more like a real woman with things to do and places to be which is always a plus in my book."

Great observation; great post. Even in the informal photos here, she still seems to have this regal aloofness that should be off putting, but b/c it's Jackie, it's not.

Sabrina April 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

TIMELESS CLASSIC. swoon.
xo-
sabrina
www.samplesize16.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...