.

How to Thrift: Part Four

>> Thursday, November 10, 2011

Photobucket

I'm so happy that you guys are having a good time reading this little series! I've been having just as much fun writing it. Just the thought of thrifting makes my heart do a little dance. Is that weird? I think it's just the idea that there's something amazing out there waiting to be rescued from it's hiding spot, and given a new life that makes me so excited. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but that's kind of how I view vintage clothing in general. Finding things, and giving them a second (or third or fourth) life is exhilarating to me. Show me an estate sale sign, and I'll show you my Christmas morning face. This week's tip has to do with taking a breath, and overcoming that holy-crap-this-place-is-full-of-stuff feeling. Are you ready?

SHOP SMART.


So you found a store, you’re wearing your best rummaging uniform, you have all your supplies, and now… you’re totally overwhelmed. Don’t fret! I like to shop in sections starting with my highest priorities. For me, that’s always the shoe section. Because I have gigantic Sasquatch feet, any shoes that are cute and fit me will cause squeals of excitement, and make everything else I find emit a sunshine-y glow of awesomeness. If you really want a cool trench or could use a new skirt, head to that section, and dig in!

PhotobucketThis happy lady is obviously in on how to thrift! Don't wind up like those jealous biotches to her left!
Image Source: Los Angeles Public Library

8 comments:

Matt November 11, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

Imma jealous biotch.

lapetiteblonde November 11, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

great post!!
xoxo=)

Clara Turbay November 13, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

Great looks.

If you have time come to check out my blog.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Michelle L. November 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM  

Cute pic and great tip!

Alison November 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

I love this dress and I hope I find something like it next time I go thrifting. Great tips.

Miy November 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

Thank you for sharing all the tips! Loving the vintage photos too.. they're just so classy and cool!

Hugs,

The Picnic Girl

Isabella November 19, 2011 at 3:06 AM  

These are such great tips! I love your blog so much, the vintage feel is just perfect. Would you like to follow each other? x
http://viewsofnow.blogspot.com/

Emma (My Vintage) November 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Loved reading your mini series on how to thrift...some great tips!

Vintage Clothing & Accessories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...