.

Please, Mr. Postman

>> Thursday, October 6, 2011


Fedora: Pitaya
Necklace: The Blue Balloon
Top: H&M
Skirt: Ezra
Belt: Thrifted
Mossimo Flats: Thrifted
Doctor Bag: Birthday Gift from Aya

Something bizarre is happening in my life right now. The post office that I've stood in line at at least once a week for the past six years is closing. Apparently their 1940's era lease is up, and they're being forced to pick up shop and mosey on down the way. I'm going to miss it, honestly. It's somewhat small and cramped. There are long lines and the roof is sagging, but I love that it's within walking distance of just about everything and it's such a mid century style building. It's a full block long and low to the ground. The Southern Indiana limestone slabs make it look like someone just decided to build a post office one day, and started stacking blocks up in order to do so. Plus, it has these odd green pane windows that I just can't get enough of. I hate to think of them getting knocked in to make room for something new... so it goes, I guess.

In other news, my Riviera kick is obviously still in full swing, and it's over 80 degrees out! I'm spending the day sipping coffee outside on the porch, and editing photos so that I can list a whole heap of new vintage items in the shop. I hope it's just as beautiful out where you are!

7 comments:

Aya Smith October 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Wow, it's so awesome to see a face to Fancy That! I've always been curious, and you are absolutely beautiful!! :D

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Athena October 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

love your skirt! it's so flowy!

etiquetteforstyle.blogspot.com

lapetiteblonde October 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

nice outfit!love your hat!!
kisses=)

http://www.villarrazo.com

Jenni Wells - Stop Making Sense October 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

The Pete Ellis always has shorter lines anyway. Regardless, it's a real bummer. I use that location a lot. Super cute look. Are you still a familiar face around cactus flower? I feel like I don't recognize anyone there anymore.

Not Just A Pretty Dress October 10, 2011 at 6:00 AM  

This is such a lovely summer outfit! Glad that you are still enjoying a warm season...BTW, I really like the necklace you were wearing in your previous post!

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com

Fabrizia October 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

Supercut outfit, I like it! love the hat! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb October 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Such a cute summer look - love the skinny belt and the skirt looks amazing with those fabulous legs (lucky girl!)

Btw I'm having a Sandy Mitchell bracelet giveaway I think would look fabulous on you! Click: Not Dressed As Lamb BRACELET GIVEAWAY Catherine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...