.

Wedding Belles

>> Monday, September 19, 2011


Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay, 1958

Man, it seems like everyone I know is married or getting married! I guess that starts happening when you hit your mid-twenties, and honestly, that's fine by me. Give me a reason to dress up, dance, drink, and eat, and I'm there! This Saturday my awesome new gal pal Anya is tying the knot so in her honor, I thought I'd do a little vintage wedding post featuring some of my favorite, most stylish nuptials of the past.


Mary Pickford, 1920 She and actor husband Douglas Fairbanks became Hollywood's first celebrity couple


Clark Gable and Carole Lombard, 1939


Lucille Ball and Dezi Arnaz, 1940


Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, 1945


Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier, 1955


Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, 1958


Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay, 1958


Brigitte Bardot and Jacques Charrier, 1959


Anna Karina and Jean-Luc Godard, 1961


Priscilla Wagner and Elvis Presley, 1967


Johnny Cash and June Carter, 1968


John Lennon and Yoko Ono, 1968


Bianca PĂ©rez Morena de Macias and Mick Jagger, 1971


Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner, 1957 AND 1972

5 comments:

Aya Smith September 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

What an awesome post!!! I love John Lennon and Yoko (I blame my hubby for being his lookalike!) and Anna Karina and Jean-Luc Godard - Anna's hair is adorable in those photos!!!

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Not Just A Pretty Dress September 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

Great selection! Not sure which one I like the most because every story is special...Maybe Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward because they are such a great (and long lasting) couple...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment!

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

Joyce.carouselstreet September 23, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

The picture you posted of John Lennon and Yoko Ono are just so adorable. Have fun at your friend's wedding! Weddings are so fun; you get to socialize, dance, and eat hahah~~ Keep in touch <3

-Joyce

www.carouselstreet.com

Vicsthrifters September 25, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

Ooh, I love photos of old weddings, what a treat of a blog post! Thanks for getting in touch on my blog - your Etsy shop is lovely x

Victoria
thriftersoftheworldunite.com

Elisa September 26, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

awesome post! all the pictures are so beautiful.

x

http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...