.

Queen of Quirk: Kate Bush

>> Thursday, September 15, 2011



There are some days when I feel like no matter how much I accomplish, there is always a huge pile left on my plate taunting my efforts. The only way I can describe it is by referencing the Running Up That Hill music video. There's Kate Bush, desperately attempting and continuously failing to push her way through never ending sea of grey drones. I feel ya, Kate.



Enough about me, though. Kate Bush is amazing. It's like Stevie Nicks and Glenda the Good Witch had some kind of magnificent red-headed love child with the voice of a bizarre alien songbird. Perpetually gorgeous and perpetually pulling off things at which I would typically roll my eyes. Dramatic interpretive dance? Check. Floaty gowns and spandex? Check. Big, feathery bangs? Check. The first time I saw the video for Wuthering Heights, I spent hours... literally hours searching the internet for the perfect red chiffon maxi dress. It's as if the woman is made of magic. She's a fashion fairytale in and of herself, and I, for one, remain under her spell.

3 comments:

Danielle September 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

Ahh I love Kate Bush, my mother describes her as 'a batty genius' and I think that's an accurate description! :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm really grateful that you stopped by.

I'm following your great blog now too! :)

x

http://fandabbydozie.blogspot.com/

thestyleflux September 27, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Such a beautiful woman!

xx Kaye Awatin
Fashion Blogger
http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com

Molly Burkett October 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

!!!! that one shot of her running and landing on her man and then turning into some kind of spirtlady remind me of mizz maya: http://www.zappinternet.com/video/HeBdDitJat/Maya-Deren-At-land-1944

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...