.

Preparing for Take Off: 1960s Stewardess Style

>> Monday, September 26, 2011



I don't know if any of you tuned into the pilot of the new television show Pan Am, but it seems somewhat promising. At first I was worried that it would be all style and no content, but I like that the female characters seem to be the main focus while the males act as the cock pit decorations for a change. Much like Mad Men, I'm sure it will inspire a resurgence of interest in the 1960s. Who knows how many bobbed, mini skirted flight attendants will be wandering around come October 31st. Because of this, I thought now would serve as the perfect time to look back at the ladies who were really there during a time when flying was a classy experience and people dressed as such.

Without further ado, please make sure that your table tray is in the upright position and that your seat belt is securely fastened.


Image Source: Aviation Explorer Cruise Line History Breaking Curfew

4 comments:

Not Just A Pretty Dress September 28, 2011 at 1:49 AM  

I've just started watching MadMen but Pan Am is also on my list! The ladies in these pics are really stylish...I think at one point even Giorgio Armani designed the outfits for the Alitalia flight attendants!

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

t September 28, 2011 at 4:18 AM  

Cool post!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Duygu September 30, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

oh you have such a cute blog darling :)) I especially adore this post, well done and really unique :))

can you do me a favour and please vote for me by liking my photo on this link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150310737991219&set=a.10150310737876219.336775.304442071218&type=1&theater

that would mean so much to me and maybe you can also spread it on face by sharing it :)) puss puss and huggs from

combo-monster.blogspot.com

Aya Smith October 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

I am very curious of this Pan Am! Christina Ricci is obviously odd, but cute.

These photos are amazing and actually make me want to be a stewardess! Were they really so fashionable at one time? Amazing...

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...