.

Fringe with Benefits: An Ode to Bangs

>> Saturday, September 10, 2011


It occurred to me recently that I basically have the exact same haircut I had when I was five... and seven... and sixteen... and twenty-one. You get the point. It's not a conscious decision, this constant return to the fringe. I'm not one to be overly attached to my hair, and have had just about every version of a pixie cut and a bob I can think of over the years. It just seems that as soon as I get bored with my options, the Fiskers come out, and voila! Bangs. Always bangs. They're like a little security blanket for my forehead, there to make my lack of effort look purposefully effortless.

So in honor of the hairstyle that's stood the test of my 25 years, I give you my favorite fringed females. My personal hair icons, just a little too busy being fabulous to manage a daily curl and shellac routine. Here's to you, ladies!



1. Jane Birkin 2. Marianne Faithfull 3. Francoise Hardy 4. Jean Shrimpton 5. Louise Brooks 6. Linda Ronstadt 7. Joni Mitchell 8. Anna Karina 9. Nico

2 comments:

goodbadnfab September 13, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

Your blog is amazing and provides me with great style and fashion inspiration!I'm attending New York Fashion Week and would love for you to check out my coverage (lots of insider exclusives and fashion moments)

goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
style and musings of a fashion lawyer playing, living, shopping and working in LA

baileyblush September 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

As a fairly recent convert to the full fringe, I can't think why I didn't have one sooner! I've had a lot of haircuts, but usually I quickly grow them out. Not so the fringe!

http://baileyblush.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...