.

The Way of Nature & the Way of Grace

>> Sunday, August 7, 2011



Last night I went to see The Tree of Life, and it was literally breathtaking. Yes, I mean "literally". I'm not typically one to get worked up at movies, but I found myself quietly choking at the sheer beauty of what I was seeing. There really is too much to say about this one, and I could go on and on. After watching it 20 more times, I could still go on and on. A two hour opus focused on the grandeur of the universe and the beauty of seemingly insignificant life can do that to you, I guess. Because of this, I'll spare you, and focus on one aspect that I know you'll like.

Holy 1950s day dresses, Batman!




Silly me, I had never heard of Jessica Chastain, a woman so ethereal that I became fully convinced that if I glanced away for just one moment, she might just float away into some beautiful cloud break. Again and again, I was just stunned at how lovely she looked in every single frame... and possibly how lovely her wardrobe would look in my closet. Feast your eyes.


Image source: Global Entertainment News

I wish that I would have sneaked in my camera so that I could show you more. Wait. What? I would never do such a thing... *cough* All I can say is that there's more where this came from. So, so, so much more.

3 comments:

Aya Smith August 8, 2011 at 5:30 AM  

Oh man, those dresses are to die for! I'll take EACH one in EVERY color, please!!!

♥ Aya of Strawberry Koi

Victoria / Justice Pirate August 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

I'm with Aya. I'll take all those outfits.

Kristal@QuirkyEssentials August 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Your blog is gorgeous! Following you via vesties team :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...