.

And the Livin' is Easy...

>> Sunday, July 24, 2011

Photos by Thom Lennon Photography

It has been hot as hell here in the Midwest these last few weeks, and honestly, I don't mind it. Obviously, my fabulous gal pal Aya of Strawberry Koi doesn't either since taking photos in the middle of nowhere on a 114 degree day seemed like a wonderful idea to both of us. It has me wondering whether my future might lie somewhere south of Indiana. Visions of porch swings and sweet tea cocktails dance in my head...



We had been talking about doing a shoot together for quite awhile, and I'm happy we finally did! Sometimes I feel a little awkward in front of the camera, and start to get awkward senior picture flashbacks. I have to say, though, it was really fun! Plus, it's always nice to have someone to tell you whether or not your bangs look sweaty or when your bra strap is showing. Hey, what are friends for?


Aya: Dress: vintage, Shoes: Target, Belt: vintage, Ring: antique
Kara: Hat: thrifted, Dress: Pitaya, Shoes: Old Navy, Antique Locket: gift from Mom, Looking glass necklace: handmade

5 comments:

Irene :: { Heirloom Attire } :: July 24, 2011 at 9:41 PM  

My goodness, 114?!!! Sheesh. The hot summer heat is one thing I do not miss about the Midwest! And I love your hat! :)

Matt July 25, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

YAY! GREAT shots - please do more! I think I like the one at the top the best, but well done.

As an aside, I actually think it would be hilarous for you to go back to this location and actually DO senior portrait-type shots: you know - Kara on a step ladder, Kara leaning against a giant number that is your graduation year, Kara in overalls, Kara posing with her beloved car, etc.

Anyways - great post.

elegant storms July 25, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

the images are gorgeous! thanks for sharing (:

Fox And The Feather July 27, 2011 at 5:35 AM  

Kara + Aya = pure lovely!! So beautiful, so well done. Gorgeous wares, models, & photos... Lots of talent here (of course!)

Anna
xoxo

moonshinejunkyard September 12, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

you are freaking adorable. that's what friends are for huh, being way too cute together out in the heat and making it damn fun anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...